June 6, 2007

Good grief!

Tobi sucked me into creating a blog so here goes nothing! I am of course not as artistic as Tobi so my writing is usually just a bunch of rambling.

This summer is an unusually busy one for me. I'm in the middle of my 8 week long summer courses and for the most part I love it. Monday through Thursday I'm in a 3rd grade classroom for 3 hours. And then I'm also taking two methods classes with this practicum, math and writing. So far I don't feel like I'm even learning anything important in those classes! But my practicum is really teaching me so much. My school is an at-risk school meaning the kids who go there are of lower income families and the school also doesn't get as much money as some of the others. I really feel like I need to be a teacher in one of these schools! And after these past 3 1/2 weeks I have never been more confident in what I need to be doing with my life. It's an amazing feeling to know that I will have a job that I can't wait to get up and go to! I have gotten really attached to the 17 kids in my class and I know it's going to be hard to leave them! This morning I even played tag with them before school but only because all the girls insisted on it! And they giggled the whole time and said "You're so funny Mrs. Thomas!" haha I could go on and on, but I'll save it for when I have some really good stories!

Other than that I'll be working 3 jobs this summer... one is for 3 weeks and I'm getting $1,500 for being a teacher's assistant for a high school program being held at UNLV. The other two are just lamo jobs that I'll be squeezing in between class.

July will be the best because of 4 things....PYA, the church camp I am a counselor at! I still can't believe it's been a year since our last visit! Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and the new John Krazenski movie! Sooo cute! *sigh* HORRAY! What a summer I must say!

Time to hit the books and projects and many papers! I'm sure I'll become addicted to this too so stay tuned!

4 comments:

kevin1138 said...

maybe i sould be inspired to start mine again

TCB Photo Blog said...

Seems reading folks blogs and checking out their Myspace page is the only sure way to keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get addicted to it! I love reading about your adventures.
Can I just say, it is so so great to hear these words:

"And after these past 3 1/2 weeks I have never been more confident in what I need to be doing with my life."

Seriously, Melissa. It just makes me happy to know that you're happy with everything. I love you SOOO much!
Yay for blogging!

Anonymous said...

Kevin, you definitely should start yours again. Okay.