October 29, 2007

Sigh of Relief

I just got off the phone with the recruiter for Teach Overseas. After freaking out over it for the whole day she finally called at 6:00 pm on the dot. I was amazed at how open and honest I was with her, but also the questions that were asked were pretty heavy anyway. But I felt like it went well, I was surprised at how I answered some questions. We talked about why I want to go overseas, my relationship with God, my relationship with others, my experience with teaching, and what I should expect from my experience overseas.

It was a lot of good information and I feel more confident and excited about going over there. But on the other hand, I feel that even if I don't get to go I have learned so much through this experience. I know that God will use me either in the states or in Morocco and he has set up this experience for one reason or another. I also feel like I'm in the place where if I didn't get accepted then I would still be ok. So that's good.

So now that I have turned in my application and done the interview now I have to wait for them to send their information to the school in Morocco, I have to complete a video of me teaching a lesson, and I have to wait for my references to send in their information. ^.^ I'm getting that much closer to knowing if I'm really going to be going or not.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know how many other people are interviewing for the position?? When do you think you will know for sure? I'm nervous! But I'm glad it's going so well. :)