May 26, 2008

I'm in Hawaii!

Many things have happened lately that I haven't gotten around to post. One being the end of student teaching and the beginning of the new teaching position, another being graduation from UNLV, and the 3rd is my trip to Hawaii. But luckily, I'm sitting on the balcony of our PENTHOUSE on the top floor of this ocean view room staring at the stars above, the waves crashing, and the endlessness of blackness out into the ocean. It's more than I could ever ask for. 
Yesterday morning we arrived on the wonderful and beautiful island of O'ahu! It's so amazing here! And I can't help think about LOST when I look at the mountains covered in green and wonder if I've seen those same mountains on the show. Yes... that's right, that's one thing I haven't been able to get over is that I'm WHERE they film LOST! 
So far we've worked on our tans, floated in the ocean, watched the beautiful sunset and finally... RELAXED! We also were able to check out the Pearl Harbor memorial center. That was just astonishing. I don't know why I didn't put 2 and 2 together that the Arizona battleship is still in the water. I always wondered why they had the white thingy there. DUH! But it was just one of those moments where you don't know whether to be excited or sad. But we ended up doing both. I'll be putting up pictures for everyone to enjoy later, but for now I need a shower!
The most important thing I've learned so far... life is too short to be moody and angry over stupid things. :) The end. 
Hopefully I've have some moments through out the week to share more. YAY!!!

0 comments: